This course is designed to develop advanced skills for building applications using Progress Sitefinity CMS.
It starts with a basic overview and presentation, then quickly advances through fundamentals and more complex concepts. Special attention is given to application performance as well as to best practices for coding and testing Sitefinity applications.
What You Will Learn
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Develop the presentation layer of Progress® Sitefinity™ CMS using the Sitefinity Feather open source project
- Connect the presentation layer with the data layer using different Sitefinity APIs
- Model the data layer in Sitefinity CMS
- Integrate external content and integrate with external systems
- Perform advanced tasks such as optimizing application performance, testing code, etc.
Day 1 – Laying the Foundation
- Course Introduction
- Lesson 1: Brief Review of Sitefinity Features
- Lesson 2: Developing the Presentation Layer
- Lesson 3: Widget Designer Framework
Day 2 – Taking It to the Next Level
- Lesson 4: Bringing Content to the Presentation Layer Using APIs
- Lesson 5: Using Providers to Connect to Different Data Sources
- Lesson 6: Localization of Content
- Lesson 7: Working with Events
Day 3 – Advanced Topics
- Lesson 8: Optimizing the Performance of Your Sitefinity Application
- Lesson 9: Managing Sitefinity Configurations
- Lesson 10: Testing Your Code
- Create good performing Sitefinity applications
- Understand the Sitefinity architecture
- Create MVC widgets
- Extend existing Sitefinity functionality
- Learn the different APIs of Sitefinity
The course is designed for backend developers who want to develop a web application using Sitefinity CMS.
Before taking this course, students should have:
- Passed the Basic Sitefinity Developer Certification Exam
- Have strong experience developing ASP.NET applications
- Possess a working knowledge of ASP.NET MVC
- Hold a working knowledge of AngularJS
- Have work experience with relational databases
Have a question? Contact Us for a friendly advice. Space is limited so sign up as soon as possible.
Also published on Medium.
Latest posts by Lino Tadros (see all)
- Falafel Software Recognized for Sitefinity Website of the Year - March 2, 2017
- Disappointing Azure Cloud Failures - February 21, 2017
- Advanced Sitefinity Developer class in the Silicon Valley - January 3, 2017
- Falafel Bytes Show is Released - July 5, 2016
- Installing Sitefinity Thunder into Visual Studio 2015 - March 24, 2016