I was happy to receive the latest Windows Phone 8.1 update on my 1520. This update brings it up to
OS version: 8.10.14157.200
The SensorCore SDK gives you access to a step counter, activity information, and capabilities to record your location data in a very low power mode.
I’ve know for some time that the SensorCore hardware was present in my 1520 but that it was not enabled. I had to make due with a preview version of a Nokia 635 to play with the SensorCore API. With the latest cyan update, I’ve finally got access to the SensorCore hardware on my 1520.
The SensorCore SDK can be downloaded here:
Latest posts by Bary Nusz (see all)
- Showing the device camera in Unity - October 20, 2014
- Open GL Hello Triangle with Xamarin - September 30, 2014
- Microsoft OCR Library - September 30, 2014
- Winds of Change for Nokia Developers - August 29, 2014
- Cyan Developer Preview Update for Windows Phone 8.1 Enables SensorCore - August 27, 2014