I was happy to receive the latest Windows Phone 8.1 update on my 1520. This update brings it up to
OS version: 8.10.14157.200
The SensorCore SDK gives you access to a step counter, activity information, and capabilities to record your location data in a very low power mode.
I’ve know for some time that the SensorCore hardware was present in my 1520 but that it was not enabled. I had to make due with a preview version of a Nokia 635 to play with the SensorCore API. With the latest cyan update, I’ve finally got access to the SensorCore hardware on my 1520.
The SensorCore SDK can be downloaded here:
Latest posts by Bary Nusz (see all)
- Winds of Change for Nokia Developers - August 29, 2014
- Cyan Developer Preview Update for Windows Phone 8.1 Enables SensorCore - August 27, 2014
- Picking your Challenges – Luminance for Points - July 31, 2014
- Getting Rid of Buttons to Prevent Inadvertent Input - July 28, 2014
- Showing the Camera Preview in a Universal App – #2520orBust - June 29, 2014